Interested in Joining WANL’s 2022-23 Board of Directors?
November 17, 2022
Did you know that you are eligible to run for positions on our Board of Directors? At our November 27, 2022, Annual General Meeting, positions will be vacant and new board members will be elected.
The following positions will be declared vacant:
• Avalon/St. John’s (i)
• Member-at-Large (i)
• Member-at-Large (ii) (one-year mid-term election)
• Member-at-Large (iii) (one-year mid-term election)
• Youth Advocate
WANL’s Board of Directors has the obligation to maintain, preserve, and further develop the organization by providing governance and management of the organization’s resources. Ours is also a working board, characterized by active participation and diligence in project completion.
A few of the requirements of WANL board members are:
– Directors must be 19 years of age or older.
– Directors must be WANL members in good standing.
– Directors must agree to support WANL’s mandate and objectives.
– Directors must agree to adhere to and support WANL’s constitution.
– Directors should be able to provide thoughtful input on a broad range of subjects related to writing and publishing, and/or have skills that contribute to the resiliency and evolution of our organization, such as experience in law, accounting, marketing, communications, fundraising, or not-for-profit regulation/governance.
– Directors must value the performance of the Board as a whole over individual interests and should demonstrate integrity and respect for others in executing their responsibilities to WANL.
At the November Annual General Meeting, the Nominating Committee will present a slate of officers for election. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor. The number of nominees may exceed the number of vacant positions. Successful candidates will be decided by vote of the membership.
Are you interested in putting your name forward, or looking for more information? Please contact our Board President, Ainsley Hawthorn, via email: email@example.com
Times and Locations
November 17, 2022